Athearn is releasing the GP15-1 in their Genesis Line. This will be the most prototypical and detailed GP15-1 on the market.
• Fully assembled and ready to operate
• State-of-the-art tooling
• Detailed fuel tank • See-through etched radiator intake grilles
• Etched top radiator screens
• Sliding cab windows
• DCC Quick-Plug™ equipped (8 or 9 Pin)
• Directional Lighting
• Blomberg-B or Blomberg-M sideframes, per prototype
• Super-Smooth Athearn Genesis® Trucks and Motor
• Hex drive line
• Etched windshield wipers• Etched lift rings
• Directional Headlights
• Operating front / rear ditch lights (per prototype and era)
• Sander Lines, air filters, and other under frame detail
• Sound Units Feature SoundTraxx Tsunami Sound Decoders
• McHenry® Scale Knuckle Spring Couplers
• Razor sharp painting and printing
• Machined nickel-plated and blackened RP25 wheels
• Many separate injection-molded, lost-wax, and photo-etched parts
• Molded Celcon handrails (now with one-piece end handrails for increased durability)
• Many, RR specific-details, such as C&NW “Gong” Bell, MP extra jacking pads, etc.
• Impingement (louvered) or Inertial Air Filter (“dustbin hatch”) carbody versions, per prototype
• Plows, MU hoses, MU cables, and other end details per prototype and era
• Tsunami sound units from SoundTraxx are compatible with both DCC and DC operations.
• Program an M/U lashup with lead unit only horn, bell and lights.
• Full DCC functions when in DCC mode.
Available in Chicago Northwestern, Conrail, Missouri Pacific, and Norfolk Southern.
DC Retail $169.98 WRH (20%) $135.99
DCC/Tsunami Sound Retail $269.98 WRH (20%) $215.99
Click Here to Pre-Order!