The ES (Evolution Series) of locomotives are built by GE Transportation Systems and designed to meet the U.S. EPA’s Tier 2 locomotive emissions standards that took effect in 2005. These Evolution Series locomotives are equipped with AC traction motors and are powered by a newly designed “GEVO-12” 12 cylinder engine that produces the same power as the 16 cylinder AC4400CW, but with fewer emissions and greater fuel economy. It also carries a redesigned air-to-air dual-fan heat exchanger, which gives it its distinct “oversized” radiator; a common spotting feature for these new locomotives.
KATO Model features:
- Multiple body styles to reflect different “as delivered” railroad specifications
- Powerful five-pole KATO motor with dual brass flywheels
- Directional Headlight and illuminated, preprinted numberboards
- Illuminated ditch lights
- Kato magnetic knuckle coupler
- DCC Friendly mechanism ready for drop-in decoder installation
Visit White Rose Hobbies and search “KATO ES44” to see them all! They will be available in Union Pacific and Canadian Pacific for the initial release!